Nearly a week ago, right about the time I got this blasted cold (which is starting to get better, and it's about time!!!!), Ilva tagged me with this meme. Since my head is still a big ol' dextromethorphan balloon, bobbing around on a string just above my shoulders, I'm going to tackle the meme rather than attempt to write anything on my own.
I think almost everyone's done this one, so I'm not going to tag anybody. But take it if you want it!
10 Things You Never Knew About Me
1. I really like Bollywood movies. And military history movies. There's probably a Bollywood military history movie somewhere out there, just waiting for me to discover it.
2. I subscribe to both Vogue and Scientific American.
3. When I started college, I was absolutely positive I was going to be an art major. I ended up becoming an English major. Then I went to grad school and got a Master's degree in paleontology. To this day, I continue to have a short attention span on a grand scale. I am interested in everything on earth...for a day or two.
4. I am a Gemini. See #3.
5. Some of my grad school research was conducted on a weapons testing range in southern California. I had to get special permission from the government to go there, and only on the condition that I be escorted at all times and NOT TOUCH ANYTHING METAL.
6. The rest of my grad school research took place in Costa Rica, where I experienced several earthquakes. I don't like earthquakes. I started dreaming about them every night while I was there, and it took a long time for the dreams to go away completely.
7. The first vehicle I owned was a 1973 Ford F250 pickup truck. I described the color as "toothpaste aqua." I paid $550 for it. I had a policy of listening to only country music when I drove it.
8. My hair has always been pin-straight, but now that some of it is turning silver (shhhh....I get it colored), the texture is changing. It has a teeny little bit of natural wave. I can't complain, because it's what I've always wanted.
9. I love old architecture and would not consider living in any house or apartment that was built post-1950.
10. I think the Assyrian folk singer guy who tried out for American Idol this year got robbed.