about American Idol tonight.
• I think that Michael Johns and Amanda Overmyer gave even better performances than the judges gave them credit for. Really really good. Michael's performance of "Across the Universe" was electric. I could feel how much he felt it. And while I don't think Amanda is particularly versatile, I thought she nailed "You Can't Do That."
• I also liked Carly Smithson, Jason Castro, and David Cook a lot. David Cook actually made me like a Lionel Richie song last week--what else is he capable of???
• Chikezie was way cool...although whenever he is not singing, his personality kind of annoys me.
• Brooke White was wonderful too, although she didn't stand out as much as she has some weeks.
• I was a teensy bit embarrassed for Kristy Lee Cook.
• David Archuleta mailed it in. It was terrible. FAIL.
• David Hernandez was spectacularly lame and deserves to go home. What is especially unforgivable to me is that he doesn't know how much he sucked. He lacks a "cheese" filter.
So. Your thoughts?