Sunday, October 24, 2004

Time: Not on my side?

1. Is it possible to be bitterly disappointed in something you knew in advance would be a giant steaming heap of manure? So that settles it: There's no second comeback. "Ordinary World" really is the only good song they've written since the Rio album, and shall remain so.

2. Yes, I was a Duran Duran fan. Shut up. I was 12 years old in 1982, and I imprinted hard. Shut up.

3. My favorite bartender from a bar across town is now my colleague. Someone in our organization had the good sense to snap her up. I couldn't be more pleased. She is both hilarious and helpful. She grew up on a cattle ranch in Kansas and used to be a firefighter.

4. Still in a major panic about my Halloween costume. Last year's was so good (I bartended in the guise of the St. Pauli Girl) that I'm daunted this year. I don't want to go downhill, but how can I not? Tick...tick...tick...

5. And speaking of costumes, my buxom friend S., who is a very talented hairdresser-in-training, was shockingly blonde-streaked when I saw her yesterday. Apparently she's on her way to becoming really blonde for next weekend. She's going as Clementine from Reno 911. Her costumes are always brilliant.

6. And furthermore, tick...tick...tick...