Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Let's see...

What's happening today?

• The earlier of our two sweet corn varieties is starting to poke through the soil.

• Ditto one of our two varieties of potatoes--the red ones, I think, not that I bothered to label which side of the bed was which.

• Borlotto bean plants are starting to emerge.

• The celeriac and about half of the tomatoes have been transplanted into the garden. I keep mentally referring to the tomato area as Tomato World, I suppose because of the rather architectural giant bamboo poles they are planted with.

• The 12 Hansen's Bush Cherries we planted along the front walk are already starting to leaf out.

What hasn't happened yet:

• I need to hurry up and plant the cucumbers. I also need to transplant the eggplants and the rest of the tomatoes ASAP.