Friday, July 30, 2004

Wonderful surprise

Last night as we were watching the official John Kerry campaign video, "A Remarkable Promise," we saw familiar faces. Near the very end of the video, as the narrator is saying "...John Kerry has spent a lifetime helping others achieve this incomparable American dream," there's a woman with a baby onscreen. It's my ex's wife K and their daughter!

You can see the video here.

I wasn't the right person for my ex, but K is. She was a close friend of ours for years and I am glad they ended up together. They're good people. And that's why the s.o. and I were both so happy to see them on that TV screen. (I literally started crying from happiness.) The ex and K are active, devoted Democrats and it must absolutely mean the world to them. I think the reason they used the footage of K and the baby is that you can literally see the hope shining in K's eyes.

Bravo!