Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Proud sister

Before I forget: Here's where you can get the track "Everywhere with Helicopter", which I referred to in my previous post. Guided by Voices are wildly uneven, but when they're good, they're transcendent.

The s.o. and I are scrambling to prepare ourselves for the trip to Ohio. My brother is getting married to a really lovely, smart girl on Saturday evening. I'm one of the attendants, and I have a gorgeous gauzy Greek-looking black gown and beaded strappy shoes to wear. Mom bought it for me for my birthday, so it's way nicer than I would have been able to afford in good conscience. But even if Mom hadn't done that and brother G. and his wife-to-be K. hadn't been so sweet about the pick-out-your-own-dress-as-long-as-it's-floorlength-and-black business, I would still be really excited and proud to be a part of this weekend's festivities. I have the coolest brother ever, and I will probably have one glass of wine too many at the reception and get all soppy and "I-love-you-man" on him.

I should probably save this for Saturday, but I don't think I'll be able to post then, so: Everybody raise a glass to G. and K.!

I haven't been sleeping enough this week--a combination of legitimate busy-ness and basic stupid failure to get off the damn internet and go to bed at a decent hour. But I need to be alert for Thursday's drive, so off I go to bed...