Monday, April 19, 2004

Dumbass makes progress

So it turns out I forgot and left our flat of seedlings out in the sun for the last few days, with predictable results. They're as crispy as chow mein noodles. My only consolation is how leggy and unhealthy they looked in the first place.

On the bright side, though, I got up before work this morning and made some headway in the garden. I finished breaking up the clods in the newest bed, then planted one row of tomatilloes and one row of tomatoes. There will be a lot more, eventually, but this is a start.

They're a motley crew: The tomatilloes consist of two full-size plants (a gift from a friend...thanks, S.!), plus one small seedling that was hitching a ride with one of the gift plants, and then two sticks that mark where I planted some seeds (because--see above--our seedlings are dead). The tomatoes consist of one Lemon Boy plant (again, thanks to S.) and three sticks marking Early Girl seeds.

But they're in, dammit!