Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Chore day

Little stuff, lots of it:

1. Pruned the gigantic old pear tree next to the kitchen window, then hauled away a mountain of sticks.

2. Planted some daffodil bulbs we bought in October. Yes, October. Yes, they are already half sprouted.

3. Watered everything--orchard, blueberries, lilacs, garden, greenhouse--because it's not supposed to rain again for several more days. Dragged hoses hither and yon.

4. Fertilized the garden.

In the midst of all this, my day job is unusually crazy, and I'm on and off the phone constantly. Please forgive me if I am relatively quiet for a few days; I have assignments stacked on assignments right now, and in the back of my head, there is a little voice that says but wait, I still have to order the chicks and the beehives...