Thursday, January 06, 2005

Aye, Matey

Today I did something that could legitimately be described as "swabbing the deck."

The front porch was filthy, probably because we had never ever cleaned it since the day it was first stained. The blue stained planks looked greyish-brown. So I took a scrub brush on a pole and a bucket of soapy water, and I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. It felt like it took hours. I was forced to stop, panting and obsessively taking my pulse, several times.

Once or twice, passing trucks honked at me as I stood there scrubbing and swearing. I daydreamed about ways to kill the drivers, or at the very least to humiliate them.

The end result was quite nice, though. The wood is blue again, and there is a lovely scent of Murphy's Oil Soap out there.

Hey! I exercised! (By accident.)