Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Don't go into the light

Just a quick note to let you all know I've posted some recipes here.

I have some things I'd like to post here as well, but I'm crazybusy right now because yesterday I unexpectedly lost a half-day of work after I went to the optometrist for a checkup and they dilated my eyes. "Sure, you'll be able to drive home," they promised. Well, um, no. I have pale-blue eyes that are sensitive to light even in the best of times. The dilation practically made me into an albino. Even with my sunglasses, I couldn't walk outdoors without screeching in pain. I had to spend a couple of hours in a dark bookstore coffeeshop, unable to read even a magazine (oh! the torture!), and then I eventually drove home squinting, developed a colossal headache, and had to take a brief nap when I arrived.

By 1:30 p.m., I was back at the computer, trying to adjust the brightness of the monitor. By dinnertime, I was able to venture outside in order to water the garden. Fun! Light-eyed people of the world, be warned.

On the bright side (no pun intended), I think my new glasses are going to make me look like ADA Alexandra Cabot. Or so I believe after my somewhat blurry, squinty trying-on session.