Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Note to self

I'm blogging yesterday's rib marinade and sauce just so I don't forget how to do it next time (I made it up on the fly). But if anyone else wants to try it, here's how: Marinate the ribs for a couple of hours, add the sauce, flash in a hot oven for half an hour, then reduce to 225 or 250 F and go "slow and low," turning and basting occasionally for several hours until all the sauce has glommed onto the ribs and the meat is fork-tender.

MARINADE
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. sriracha chili sauce
freshly ground black pepper

SAUCE
2 or 3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, chopped (about 1/3 small can)
8-oz. can tomato sauce
half an onion, chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
half a stick of cinnamon

So now that I have a record of that, on to more pressing matters: American Idol! I thought Constantine did especially well yesterday--he moved me, to be honest, and I think the judges felt the same way--and that Vonzell was fabulous and Nadia redeemed herself. Meanwhile, Scott, Anwar, Jessica, and Anthony should watch their backs tonight.