Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Energy crisis

Lately I feel so tired and lazy. I mean, I always procrastinate--it's a way of life--but this is worse. I can't even seem to invoice my clients for the articles I write. It's ridiculous!

There are still three unfinished rooms in the house, and I can't seem to work on them. (The wallpaper guy probably wonders if we are ever going to call him back.) There are a few more plants that need to go into the garden, but I can't seem to get out there and plant them. Let's not even talk about how much weeding needs to be done. It's really getting out of hand.

I should exercise, but the yoga videos continue to collect dust. I did buy a beautiful new pair of running shoes, but running is not really an option because all the stray dogs in the neighborhood follow me in a pack when I try to do it.

I'm trying to work on a business plan to open up my own bakery in a couple years, but I can't even be bothered to do that except for a few minutes sometimes, late at night. And it's my whole future! Instead of all the work I should be doing, I'm sitting around and picking at the caramel Hershey's kisses in the candy jar.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

The one step forward I have made is in my dishwashing habits. I swore, as of my 34th birthday, that I would no longer be the sort of person who let dishes stack up. And so far, I've been really good about it. I've even scrubbed the stovetop and wiped the countertops on a daily basis. Ask my old roommates how much of an improvement that is. But it's a poor substitute for actually making any kind of progress in my life.

I honestly don't know what to do to get myself back on track. Have I ever even been on track in the first place?