Saturday, June 26, 2004

Mm...wha?

I just awoke from a short nap. Actually, "awoke" may be too strong a word. I'm upright now, but my brain hasn't started functioning yet. You can do sneaky things to yourself when you're like that. I've managed to do a drainer-full of dishes and put some clothes in the laundry without even realizing I'm engaging in drudgery.

I needed the nap because I have to work downtown tonight. I got up way too early this morning to walk Cairo, then noticed that it was one of the most beautiful mornings in recorded history: cool, breezy, flower-fragranced, light clouds with dappled sun. That was my cue to finally plant those wax beans I'd been meaning to plant all this time. And so I did. I also gathered some lovely mixed greens--collards, kale, and turnip greens--for our dinner. But the sleep deficit isn't doing me a bit of good.

There is one tiny baby eggplant out there! I actually said "Awwww" out loud when I saw it.

Tonight is the last night I'm working with the PFB. No comment.

The coffeeshop guys haven't called me back yet about the pastries. I keep meaning to call them, but haven't managed to do so. No comment on that either.