Friday, June 18, 2004

Well, that sucked

We just spent a day and a half with no internet service. Yesterday they admitted it was down for our whole area. For most of today, they told me it was fixed when it actually wasn't. Then, after they had finally promised to send someone to the house, it was mysteriously resolved elsewhere (the server? the line?).

Oh, well. At least it is fixed. And I can't really complain...we are absolutely bleeding-edge, having cable internet this far out in the boondocks. We got the service within two weeks of when they first offered it. I think they are still working out some of the kinks.

In other news, there is absolutely no other news. I spent most of the day watching TV (although, to my credit, I did do the dishes). To give you an idea of my torpor level, I actually watched the E! True Hollywood Story of both the Spice Girls and N'Sync. Jesus.

I think I might go downtown tonight for the music festival.