I came across this quiz on a blog I perused today and thought it was interesting. I used to be a complete music nerd, but those days are gone. I hardly listen to music nowadays unless the s.o. puts it on. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it doesn't occur to me. But anyhow, here goes:
1. Your favorite song with the name of a city in the title or text.
"Pineola” by Lucinda Williams
2. A song you've listened to repeatedly when you were depressed at some point in your life.
"Loose Diamonds” by Jo Carol Pierce, performed by Katy Moffatt
3. Ever bought an entire album just for one song and wound up disliking everything but that song? Gimme that song.
“Jumpin’, Jumpin’” by Destiny’s Child. I sold that record the very next day. It’s total crap.
4. A great song in a language other than English.
“Agua de Beber” by Astrud Gilberto
5. Your least favorite song on one of your favorite albums of all time.
“Ten Little Kids” from the Jayhawks’ Tomorrow the Green Grass
6. A song you like by someone you find physically unattractive or otherwise repellent.
“Houses on the Hill” by Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams' old band)
7. Your favorite song that has expletives in it that's not by Liz Phair.
“Tales Facing Up” by the Drive-By Truckers
8. A song that sounds as if it's by someone British but isn't.
Anything by Guided By Voices
9. A song you like (possibly from your past) that took you forever to finally locate a copy of.
“Twice the Lovin’ (in Half the Time)” by Jean Shepard
10. A song that reminds you of summer but doesn't mention summer at all.
“Celebration” by Kool & The Gang
11. A song that sounds to you like being happy feels.
“Summer Breeze” by Seals & Crofts
12. Your favorite song from a non-soundtrack compilation album.
“Grey & Blue” from Camp Black Dog Presents: Rock & Roll Summer Camp ‘98
13. A song that reminds you of high school.
“So. Central Rain” by R.E.M.
14. A song that reminds you of college.
“Friend of the Devil” by the Grateful Dead
15. A song you actually like by an artist you otherwise dislike.
“Santa Monica” by Everclear
16. A song by a band that features three or more female members.
"No Sign of Water” by the Damnations
17. One of the earliest songs that you can remember listening to.
"Silly Love Songs" by Wings
18. A song you've been mocked by friends for liking.
"Last Night” by Justin Timberlake
19. A really good cover version you think no one else has heard.
Slobberbone’s cover of Neil Young’s “Powderfinger”
20. A song that has helped cheer you up (or empowered you somehow) after a breakup or otherwise difficult situation.
“Lunette” by Jim Roll